Easily one of the top destinations in Thailand, Phuket is world acclaimed island resort with beautiful white sandy beaches, historical sites and plenty of other attractions. While it’s difficult to name just a few, here are some of the most popular things to do in Phuket.
1) Patong Beach: This is the island’s most popular beach and features an assortment of recreational water activities such as sailing, snorkelling and swimming. There are also plenty of fine restaurants, high-end beach resorts and exciting nightlife on Bangla Road in Patong Beach.
2) Phang Nga Bay: About 50 km east from Patong Beach is another popular tourist area known as Phang Nga Bay. The beaches are quieter here and one of the most beautiful locations near Phang Nga Bay is the Mo Ko Surin National Park.
3) Phuket Town: Shopping is much more affordable here than in the beach areas and there are many centuries old buildings that reflect the influence of European countries such as England, France and the Netherlands. Don’t forget to visit some of the town’s exquisite Buddhist temples.
4) Hat Karon: The second most popular beach on Phuket, this area is very popular for European travellers. Like Patong Beach, there are a number of fabulous beach resorts for accommodations and excellent restaurants.
5) Kata Beach: Another glorious beach resort area, Kata Beach, like the other beach locations features world class accommodations and fine dining. Kata’s breath-taking beaches are a lot quieter, so if you are looking to get away from the crowds at Patang, this is a beach worth considering.
As mentioned before, this is only a short list of the most popular attractions in Phuket, Thailand. When you do visit, you might discover some new personal favourites as you explore one of the most beautiful countries in the world. Now is the best time for Australians to visit Thailand with Phuket holiday packages available at fantastic rates! Book your holidays today and explore this magical land.